We've compiled a few safety tips to keep in mind when using your wax seal stamp and hot tools! They're pretty obvious, but here they are nevertheless.
- Take care when melting wax whether it be in a glue gun or using a candle and melting spoon.
- Always work on a protective, fireproof surface.
- Keep hot tools and instruments away from children and pets.
- Never tilt your glue gun backwards to avoid spilling hot wax into the gun and onto your hands. It hurts, trust us.
- Never point your glue gun at yourself or others. Pretty obvious, don't do it.
- Clean your glue gun regularly by inserting a wax gun leaning stick and pumping it through the chamber of the gun.
- Never wash your gun with water. It's electric and you will kill your gun and probably yourself while you're at it.
- Don't leave your gun plugged in and unattended and don't leave it plugged in for extended periods of time.
- Keep lit candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn your candle away from drafts and on a protective, fireproof surface.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that could catch fire (like curtains, your hair...)
- Do not burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim wick to 6 mm before lighting and keep the candle free of debris.